Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Land of the Living

I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.  Psalm 27:13

The land of the living.  Ever wonder how the family of the Gadarene demoniac may have felt while he lived among the tombs?  Ever felt that you lived among the tombs, escaped during the day on a work release program, returning again every evening to the land of the living dead?

Photo:-Marcus-FreeDigitalPhotos.net
It’s a dark place.  Even darker when you come to realize that you walked freely into the cemetery and let the gate shut behind you, locking, clanging.  Sometimes the cemetery is disguised as a safe place, secure, comfortable, but once you are in the walls change and the place of refuge reveals its prison bars.  And the enemy laughs.

The enemy laughs because he knows what you don’t yet.  The gate shut, yes, but it is not actually locked.  You may leave any time you like, can’t you?  Or can you?

What does it take to walk before the LORD in the land of the living?  Where is the land of the living?  How do you find your way?

“I am the way, the truth and the life,” He softly whispers.  The land of the living is everywhere He is.  And where, exactly, is He?  With me, always, even to the end of the world.  He lives! He lives! You ask me how I know He lives, He lives.Within.My Heart!

The light shines in the darkness.  The legion recognized Jesus, even when He was still a ways off.
   
Thank You, Father, Light of the World.  Lead me into the land of the living, I pray.

I will walk before the LORD in the land of the living.  Psalm 116:9

No comments:

Post a Comment